Cherwell Creates a New Era in ITSM With The Latest Release of Cherwell Service Management
April 24, 2012 - Colorado Springs, Colo.
Cherwell Software today announced the latest release of the award winning Cherwell Service Management® solution, offering a completely new web portal experience using leading edge, cross-platform technologies (HTML5/CSS3, AJAX and jQuery) to provide a rich and responsive browser application experience that requires no plugins. This innovation will change how Service Desks think about the provision and delivery of end-user services via an integrated, collaborative web portal.
Web portal technology is key to the future success of the Service Desk. With increasing business demand for enhanced services and improved access to information, Service Desk professionals will need agile, innovative and flexible web based technologies to meet the demands and expectations of their users.
"At Cherwell, we’re passionate about listening to our customers and helping them with their journey toward service excellence,’ says Vance Brown, Chairman and CEO, Cherwell Software. ‘We’re committed to offering a world-class browser portal experience, and we’re delighted to deliver on that promise with a game-changing solution that’s unmatched within the ITSM industry."
This re-engineered offering resolves a number of common pain points experienced by Service Desks and offers the following key functionality:
- Serve multiple customers, locations, constituents, etc., from one system. Create multiple portals to provide services to different business groups.
- Move beyond IT. IT becomes the hero by fulfilling other department’s business needs utilizing Cherwell’s Platform as a Service (PaaS). No need to learn other technologies or products. No coding or scripting required.
- View and edit other people’s records (approvals, add comments, withdraw requests, etc.). We’ve taken self-service to the next level. Now, you can do more than ever.
- Anytime, anywhere access. No proprietary browser code. Use any modern browser, tablet or mobile device. Plus, directly integrate with social media tools.
- Help users to help themselves. With the self-service portal, users can log – and resolve – incidents, access the Service Catalog, etc., freeing up IT resources to focus on higher level activities. For example, Cherwell helped the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs dramatically reduce password reset requests by 50% within the first week of implementation.
‘Trust us when we say, you’ve never seen a portal like this! Please let us prove it to you!,’ says Brown. ‘Now, there are no limits. Welcome to the future.’
The latest release of Cherwell Service Management becomes available starting May 1, 2012.
Recognized by Forrester® as an emerging leader, Cherwell Service Management offers ITIL v3 PinkVERIFY accredited processes right out-of-the-box in one integrated platform. Customers can choose as many, or as few, processes as they like without incurring additional license fees. Thanks to its powerful, yet easy to configure platform, if you can envision and map a process, you can build it without programmers. No scripting or coding is necessary and with seamless upgrades, your customizations are carried through and are never lost from version to version. Cherwell Service Management provides total visibility of your company through its search mechanism, Report Writer and Dashboards. With data that is visible and actionable, you can manage by exception.
About Cherwell Software
Cherwell (@Cherwell) empowers organizations to transform their business through the rapid adoption and easy management of digital services. Cherwell’s adaptable platform has enabled thousands of organizations to modernize their business operations with customizable service management, automation, and reporting across the enterprise. For more information, visit: https://www.cherwell.com.