With the beginning of the new year, we are pleased to announce the release of Express Software Manager Version 9.6!
This release includes two primary new features:
- Inventory support for Mac OS. Express Software Manager now offers an inventory client for Mac OS machines. With the Express Mac Client, you can collect basic hardware and software inventory data. This represents a first step toward providing more comprehensive support for other platforms, and we will continue to enhance Mac functionality in future releases of Express Software Manager. View system requirements for the Mac inventory client.
- Automatic ESID Updates. With Express Software Manager Version 9.6, administrators can now configure the product to receive automatic updates to the Express Software Identification Database (ESID)®. To configure Express Software Manager for automatic ESID updates, simply follow these instructions:
- Open the Express Administrative Console.
- Click on Tools menu and select “Update Software Identification Database…”
- Click on the “Automatic Update ESID” tab.
- Check the “Install Updates Automatically” and choose your desired schedule.
As always, we welcome any questions or feedback from both existing and prospective customers, so don’t hesitate to contact us.