If you’ve been using Express Software Manager for any length of time, you already know that the Express Purchasing Console makes it easy to review all your purchases within the Orders panel and the Line Items panel.
But did you know that in Express Software Manager Version 10, these panels have been updated to allow you to customize how your information is displayed? Within the grids in the Orders and Line Items panels you can add or remove columns—including any custom fields you have created—and rearrange column order, allowing you to view your purchasing information in ways that are most useful to you.
Here’s all you need to do:
1) To select which columns you wish to display, simply:
- Right-click on any column heading.
- Select Columns.
- Select or deselect the columns you wish to display or hide.
2) To change the order in which columns display:
- Click on column headings.
- Drag to rearrange them.
3) To sort the items within a column:
- Right-click the column heading.
- Select “Sort Ascending” or “Sort Descending” (or click on the small triangle displayed within the column heading to toggle back and forth).
Note: In the Orders panel, you can display up to ten of each of the following columns: custom text, shortcut, or list fields; date fields; and number or currency fields. The first ten columns displayed will be based on the order of the custom fields, which can be changed in the Purchasing Console’s Preferences tab. In the Line Items panel, you can display up to seven line item custom fields of each type, and up to three order fields of each type.
If you haven’t yet looked at the custom views options in the Purchasing Console, check it out, and see how easy it is to adjust your views to display purchasing information exactly the way YOU want to see it!