Hi all, does anyone know how to either change or disable the message that displays when no results are returned when you use 'Limit action records using query' in the actions catalog widget?
I run a one step via the Portal that does the following:
Allows customer to input a value via a popup and stores it in a stored value
Execute a command > Specific command > goes to dashboard with action catalog widget embedded
The limit results custom query returns subcategories where subcategory like stored value
Via the portal when no sub categories are returned the following message is displayed on the dashboard 'Search Service Catalouge returned no data. This may be because you lack security rights to see the fields that would be displayed'.
When I run the one step via the blue client I do not get the message.
Has anyone got any suggestions how to display a suitable message is no categories are returned?
Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm experiencing the exact same problem with an almost identical setup. What's really weird is that in my situation, the problem is limited to our production environment--in our test/dev environment, it works as expected.
Hi, Joe, I did not find a solution as such. I did a workaround.
I selected the action catalogue widget and set the text foreground color to white and background to transparent. As the background transparent you cannot see any error messages
I found what I would consider a workaround.
An important point to remember is that this was only affecting me--I had other people in the same customer group as myself test it (it worked for them), and I moved myself to a different customer group without any success.
We have two environments--one for production and one for development/test. We periodically, but infrequently, refresh the development/test environment by exporting the database as a CZAR from production and importing it to development/test. The last time we did this was several weeks/months ago.
I put a ticket in with Cherwell Support. When they called, we spent about an hour going through security settings on both of the customer security groups I'd tried it with. We looked at application rights and business object rights. We removed my portal credentials and re-added them. We moved my customer record from one customer security group to another. We ran the database maintenance task to remove unused portal credentials (this runs weekly in our production environment anyway). Nothing worked. In the end the best we could come up with was to create a local account with portal credentials that I could use. Not ideal, but workable.
However, after I walked away from it for about an hour, I realized one thing I hadn't tried, and this is where it becomes important that our development/test environment mirrors our production environment, but lags behind it by several weeks/months. I deleted my entire customer record from our production environment, exported a copy of it from our development/test environment, and imported it to production as a one-off data import. That worked.
Something in my customer record was corrupted. Unfortunately I don't know specifically what, but I do have a workaround now, which is good enough for me.
Hopefully this helps you, or helps someone else in the future.
I am currently working this same issue for a customer and would like to know if you have a copy of that export. I would be interested to see if the security rights defined in that definition are different that what would be expected in this situation.