Colorado Springs, Colo. – Cherwell Software has been named as a Major Player in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Service Desk Management Software 2014 Vendor Analysis (doc #249798, July 2014). IDC MarketScape is a vendor assessment tool and report that provides quantitative and qualitative assessments of various technology markets. The IDC report recognized Cherwell Software as strong when compared to other vendors in the IT service management market in the areas of:
- growth strategy
- functionality/offering roadmap
- the pace of research and development innovation
- research and development productivity
- delivery model
- financial/funding model strategies
Tweet This: #Cherwell named a Major Player in 2014 @IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Service Desk Management bit.ly/1riYZky
“The service desk management marketplace is becoming increasingly competitive and its important vendors have a strong product that meets customer needs,” said Robert Young, Client Device and IT Service Management Research Manager at IDC. “Cherwell’s performance in the evaluation was strong in several areas, specifically in respect to their business strategy.”
“Cherwell Software’s recognition by IDC is a testament to our strong market performance and business strategy,” said Vance Brown, CEO of Cherwell Software. “We continually work to delight our customers and enable their success. We have established our modern business enablement platform as a preferred IT service management solution worldwide.”
- All functionality of Cherwell Software’s flagship product, Cherwell Service Management® (CSM), is available under a single sku with no additional client fees, server fees and no end-user fees. Therefore, Cherwell does not charge additional license fees for business users, including access to self-service, dashboards, administrative or development tools. For the SaaS offering, Cherwell delivers unlimited database usage with no restrictions or extra charges. This allows the company’s offering to remain highly cost competitive.
- Cherwell utilizes the same source code across its product portfolio, allowing the customer the option to not only natively access and share data across the different product modules, but also to more efficiently switch between various delivery models (SaaS, on-premise, ) when needed.
- CSM customers can access multiple product modules such as service catalog, knowledge management, and self-service portal as well as business intelligence reports and dashboards simultaneously with the utilization of a single concurrent license.
- When speaking with the customers, many cited Cherwell's multidimensional reporting and business value dashboards capabilities as key differentiators. In addition, Cherwell continues to deliver enhanced mobile device support with advanced access to its IT and business intelligence, knowledge, and dashboards across a wide variety of device types to include native iOS and Android applications.
- While many other vendors in the Service Desk Management Software space have increasingly added advanced capabilities and integrations, they have also in-turn implemented more complex licensing structures and/or increased their pricing. Conversely, Cherwell has maintained a keen focus on the IT service desk customer and develops solutions that offer relatively quickly time to value at a relatively stable and competitive price point.
Connect with Cherwell
About Cherwell Software
A global leader in IT service management and IT asset management, Cherwell empowers IT to lead through the use of powerful and intuitive technology that enables better, faster, and more affordable innovation. The Cherwell® Service Management platform is built from the ground up with a unique codeless architecture that enables rapid time to value, infinite flexibility, and frictionless upgrades every time—at a fraction of the cost and complexity of legacy solutions. Because of Cherwell’s focus on delivering solutions that are easy to configure, customize, and use, IT organizations extend Cherwell to solve a wide range of IT and business problems. With an unwavering commitment to putting customers first and being easy to do business with, Cherwell enjoys 98%+ customer satisfaction. Cherwell has a global network of expert partners serving customers in more than 40 countries. Corporate headquarters are in Colorado, USA, with global offices in the United Kingdom, Germany and Australia.
Christy Vojvodich, Cherwell Software
Phone: +1 (719) 822-4345