15 IT Leaders Share Insights on the Future of IT Service Management
Posted by on April 05, 2017
As more IT organizations look to analytics, automation, and cloud services to reduce costs and gain efficiencies, some pundits say there’s a dismal future ahead for IT service management (ITSM). However, Cherwell does not believe that ITSM is in a state of decline—and neither do IT leaders driving its transformation.
ITSM isn’t dying. It’s evolving—and with optimal alignment of people, processes, and technology, IT leaders and their teams can tackle challenges and harness business opportunities that accompany that evolution.
To guide your transformation, we asked 15 IT leaders to share their thoughts on the future of IT service management, and how it needs to evolve to continue supporting and driving business growth. In our new e-book, we share those insights to help you do just that.
In the e-book, these industry leaders reveal needs and opportunities in five key areas:
- Transforming Processes & Technology
- Eliminating Business Silos
- Enhancing Agility, Speed & Efficiency
- Driving Business Objectives & Value
- Focusing on Customer Experience
Meet the IT Leaders Behind the Insights
Our exceptional panel of experts includes IT and ITSM leaders working across an array of industries. These thought leaders include:
- Doug Tedder, Principal Consultant, Tedder Consulting LLC
- Jonah Kowall, Vice President of Market Development & Insights, AppDynamics
- John Custy, ITSM Educator and Consultant, JPC Group
- Claire Agutter, Director, Scopism
- Steve Buchanan, Author, Microsoft MVP and Regional Solutions Director at Concurrency
- Roy Atkinson, Senior Writer/Analyst, UBM Americas - HDI
- Robert Young, Research Director of IT Service Management and Client Virtualization Software, IDC
- Eric Vanderburg, Director of Information Systems and Security, JURINNOV, LLC
- Ollie O'Donoghue, Head of Research and Insight, Service Desk Institute
- Troy DuMoulin, Vice President of Research & Development, Pink Elephant
- Jayne Groll, CEO, DevOps Institute
- Sophie Danby, ITSM Marketing Consultant, Socommunity Ltd.
- Stuart Rance, Owner and ITSM Consultant, Optimal Service Management
- Marc-Roger Gagné, MAPP, Senior Privacy and Data Governance Advocate, Gagné Legal Services
- Jarod Greene, Vice President of Product Marketing, Cherwell Software
The Insights You’ll Find
Here’s what some of our experts are saying:
Tweet This: “ITSM is at risk of being left out … unless it can become a business-enablement capability.” - Doug Tedder, Principal Consultant, Tedder Consulting LLC
Tweet This: “ITSM will be characterized in four words: acceleration, awareness, automation, and artificial intelligence.” - Eric Vanderburg, Director of Information Systems and Security, JURINNOV, LLC
Tweet This: “IT of tomorrow is about saying ‘yes you can,’ not ‘wait 6 weeks’ or ‘no’.” - Steve Buchanan, Author, Microsoft MVP and Regional Solutions Director at Concurrency
Tweet This: “In the next 3-5 years, process speed will become a critical success factor for ITSM.” - Jayne Groll, CEO, DevOps Institute
Evolve Today to Drive Growth Tomorrow—and Beyond
Get your copy of our free e-book for expert advice on evolving your ITSM approach to lead your company into the future.