Leveraging APIs for Better Customer Self-Service and User Experience
sigmaGO offers turnkey managed solutions to end-users, technicians, and IT analysts that provide an interactive and intuitive customer experience. We have been successful in leveraging APIs to build countless integrated solutions between different applications which include Cherwell, ComAround, and SharePoint.
Why Is Leveraging API and 3rd-Party Integrations Important?
Leveraging and embracing APIs allow developers to focus on what’s more important—delivering improved functionality. Similarly, third-party integrations are important as they save time and money as companies don’t have to build and manage their own solutions.
How sigmaGO Leveraged API to Create Solutions for Cherwell
An example of how sigmaGo leveraged APIs was by creating a solution for Cherwell with geolocation functionality. The API here is leveraged from Google so that the latitude and longitude of tickets can be captured. Then, tickets can be sorted by their proximity to the field service technician. In addition, we are able to determine the location of field service technicians that are logged in to the sigmaGO native mobile app and their proximity to a high priority ticket (P1) such as a major incident or VIP ticket.
Leveraging API and web services call for 3rd party integrations. These integrations have sigmaGO to create a variety of solution for specific use cases:
- sigmaGO worked with Excalibur Data Systems to create a solution for a Conference Room Booking App using the Cherwell platform. The solution is easy to use and comes with features that make it easy to manage and book conference rooms using iOS and Android devices.
- Our solutions for Customer Self-Service include functions to converse or find support in multiple languages, perform approvals, select photos and upload them to the server, complete surveys, send password reset requests, subscribe to announcements, and much more.
- Created a one-stop shopping native mobile app that allows users to get in touch with support analysts by using a built-in chat feature. The app has been proven to increase customer satisfaction and improved survey results.
- Mobile applications for technicians to help them save time and perform a variety of tasks under one mobile app including searching for answers, creating, viewing and updating tickets with geolocation to easily find location-based assignments.
- A Mobile-as-a-Service platform which leverages APIs for a highly intuitive and user-friendly experience. It integrates via the Cherwell RestAPI and can work without requiring middleware servers and software. The platform streamlines processes and improves the customer experience. It works on macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- Support to turn any mobile phone and tablet device into a barcode scanner utility. This makes it easy and fast to check in/out devices (configuration items).
Ebook 5 min
The Definitive Guide to Service Desk KPIs and Metrics
In this comprehensive guide, you'll learn how to develop a portfolio of ITSM KPIs and Metrics that support not only your own IT team's goals, but also the business outcomes your service desk is expected to deliver.
Ebook 7 min
7 Deadly Sins of ITIL Implementation
Wondering whether ITIL® is still relevant in today's fast-paced digital environment? ITIL holds many timeless truths, but it can be misapplied when taken too literally. Uncover the seven mistakes commonly made with ITIL implementations, and gain guidance on how you can go faster—while still upholding ITIL's key principles.
Analyst Research 10 min
NEW! Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for ITSM Tools
Considering a new ITSM solution? Start with a complimentary copy of Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant for IT Service Management Tools. The Magic Quadrant provides an evaluation of ten ITSM vendors—along with their viability, strengths, and cautions—and recommendations for defining your requirements
You might also be interested in
What Modernizing HR Service Delivery Can Do For Your Organization
Discover the big benefits that accrue with a transformed HR service delivery strategy.
Customer experience. The ONLY thing that matters.
Cherwell Software recognized as a 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for IT Service Management Tools (ITSM).
How to Structure Your IT Service Desk to Support Process Improvements
Too often, organizations invest in a modern service desk tool, but fail to structure service desk processes. Fine-tuning these processes will set you up for success, driving cost-savings, customer satisfaction, and efficiency.