Take a Look at New Features in CSM 9.6
Posted by on June 19, 2019
Kari Nelson's background and expertise has focused on numerous digital transformation technologies, including servers, storage, networking, professional services, software, virtualization, and ITaaS. Prior to joining Cherwell Software, Kari spent over 15 years with Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
In early June, Cherwell made its Cherwell Service Management (CSM) 9.6 release generally available to customers. When you upgrade to this release, you will find that:
- You can be more efficient and more productive in the tool itself, which boasts a new look and feel across 25 major objects, 16 supporting objects, and 18 dashboards, as well as the activity pane, toolbar, tabs, and splitter bar
- You can scale and enable many users to access the portal anonymously, while enhancing customer satisfaction through Google Analytics
- New third-party reporting integration with tools like PowerBI and Tableau improves reporting speed and accuracy within the tool
- Customizations, such as localization, fonts, and themes, are easier to implement consistently across your application
Major Features in This Release
CSM 9.6.0 will contain a new look for CSM Technician forms and well as for some of the dashboards. The new layout will improve usability while maintaining a similar workflow. Each redesigned form includes the following four areas:
- Default Form: Displays record ID number, status, and Created By information.
- Form Arrangement: Dynamically displays linked records (Child Records) that are in a relationship with the parent record.
- Form Area: Displays the form fields for the tab selected in the Form Arrangement. The Overview tab contains most of the information needed to perform the workflow for the Business Object being viewed.
- Actions List: Dynamically displays a list of actions that are available for the current record.
You can now quickly view, search, and pin important activities for Major Business Objects using a new Form Arrangement tab called the Activity Pane.
CSM now supports the use of third-party tools by retrieving search data using the Cherwell REST API with Tableau and PowerBI.
CSM provides an extremely powerful search engine that now allows you to run a single-use Quick Search or Knowledge Search with results sorting according to their Relevance.
Users can now view logs in CSM Administrator. Using the Log Viewer Utility, users can switch between logs, filter by log level, search, and export logs.
There are four services that now can be distributed to manage workloads: Automation Processes, Email and Event Monitor, Scheduling, and Mail Delivery.
Themes for Action Catalog
Themes can now be applied to action catalogs from the administrative client.
View Counter for Business Objects
The new View Counter allows you to incrementally track record views in a Major Business Object.
Anonymous Access in the Portal
CSM Administrators can now configure the portal sites to allow anonymous users to view business objects.
Google Analytics for the CSM Portal
Users can now track user selections, such as mouse clicks, in the CSM Portal.
Users now have the ability to upload and download multiple attachments and delete attachments from business objects.
Toolbars have new modern icons and splitter is super slim.
Blueprint/mApp (Mergeable Applications) Enhancements
Additional functionality has been added to blueprints and mApps, including Security Configurations, Attachments, HTML Page Manager, Language Packs, Queues, Roles, Scheduled Items, Security Groups, and Twitter Accounts.
mApps can now be versioned.
If you missed the “What’s New, What’s Next” webinar hosted on May 21, or if you want to learn more about CSM 9.6, then check out the following:
Ebook 5 min
The Definitive Guide to Service Desk KPIs and Metrics
In this comprehensive guide, you'll learn how to develop a portfolio of ITSM KPIs and Metrics that support not only your own IT team's goals, but also the business outcomes your service desk is expected to deliver.
Ebook 7 min
7 Deadly Sins of ITIL Implementation
Wondering whether ITIL® is still relevant in today's fast-paced digital environment? ITIL holds many timeless truths, but it can be misapplied when taken too literally. Uncover the seven mistakes commonly made with ITIL implementations, and gain guidance on how you can go faster—while still upholding ITIL's key principles.
Analyst Research 10 min
NEW! Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for ITSM Tools
Considering a new ITSM solution? Start with a complimentary copy of Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant for IT Service Management Tools. The Magic Quadrant provides an evaluation of ten ITSM vendors—along with their viability, strengths, and cautions—and recommendations for defining your requirements
You might also be interested in
Blog 2 min
Cherwell 9.4 Is PinkVERIFY Certified for 11 ITIL Processes
This certification indicates that Cherwell Service Management is aligned to ITIL standards.
Cherwell Named Leader in Enterprise Service Management
"The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Service Management, Q3 2018" report named Cherwell as a leader amongst ITSM providers that have expanded offerings into ESM.
Demo Video 5 min
Cherwell Service Management 5-Minute Demo
Get a quick video overview of Cherwell's key features, including Incident/Problem/Change Management, Self-Service Portal, Service Catalog, Knowledge Base, and Reporting and Dashboards.