Our New Tech Alliance Program Is in Tip-TAP Shape
Posted by on July 30, 2019
Bailey Gannett works on the Cherwell communications team. She's a recent graduate from the University of Colorado Boulder, specializing in communications and public relations. Interning for companies like DaVita Kidney Care and Ball Corporation has allowed her to gain experience in internal and external communications for corporations.
Valuable tech partnerships and the integrations that develop from those partnerships are critical meeting the digital needs of our customers. That is why, with a continued focus on strengthening our partnership network, we rolled out our updated Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program.
This new program emphasizes a renewed commitment to developing partnerships that produce best-in-class technology integrations to better serve common customers and meet the growing market demand for streamlined workflows across the enterprise.
What changes have been made to the TAP program that are better than before?
Glad you asked! The main program updates include:
- No-cost access to a technology alliance partner-specific learning path to support innovation
- Access to joint marketing assets and templates to accelerate and enable go-to-market initiatives
- Dedicated partner account manager and compensation for referrals, based on partnership level: Associate, Premier, or Elite
Plus, just like before, technology alliance partners will have access to a not-for-resale (NFR) license key to support development and integration efforts.
How will the new tiers you mentioned above be structured?
Here’s a brief rundown, but if you have further questions on our tier structure, we have more details in our partner resources, below.
- Associate: This tier makes up the bulk of the technology alliance ecosystem and is comprised of companies of various sizes and use cases, which add value to a particular Cherwell implementation or set of customer circumstances.
- Premier: Building on the associate level, premier partners are typically leaders in their respective segment with a significant overlap of common customers, and a rising demand for strategic use cases for those shared customers. At this level, referral activity is also taken into account.
- Elite: At the highest tier, we look for partnerships that are bi-directionally strategic. These select companies are invited to this level to collaborate on a significant go-to-market opportunity.
What are you most looking forward to with the new TAP program?
We know from our research that integrations are a massive differentiator for information professionals in today’s workplaces. A recent study we did showed that information pros reported being significantly more likely to get more done, have an easier time performing tasks and have an easier time working with others. With the evolution of this technology partner program, we’re looking forward to deeper engagement with companies across the spectrum of technical enablement today. These relationships will, in turn, foster the development of additional integrations with best-in-class technologies and enhanced go-to-market activity. Our customers and prospects can expect more webinars and in-market events highlighting the uses cases, and business value, of the most important and in-demand integrations.
What are some of the requirements to becoming a Cherwell technology alliance partner?
Our TAP Program is focused on meeting the digital transformation needs of customers to make their delivery of services more effective and use of resources more efficient. We know that digital transformation is more about the transformation part than the technology and that’s why the partnership is vital. We must work together to enable seamless experiences.
By partnering with Cherwell, partners receive a not-for-resale (NFR) license key for Cherwell Service Management (CSM) or another required product; product documentation and limited product support; access to joint marketing assets and initiatives; and additional benefits depending on partnership level. Together, we can all make work flow better for our customers.
To become a Cherwell technology alliance partner, all prospective partners, regardless of level must:
- Sign a Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement (MNDA) with Cherwell
- Accept the Cherwell® TAP Agreement
- Develop and support a generally available, working integration with Cherwell® software within one year of the established partnership
- Maintain open lines of communication with Cherwell’s TAP team to ensure appropriate integration updates and go-to-market collaboration
Our TAP Program is an annual partnership and requires that partners meet Cherwell’s program requirements for renewal.
What are a few of the major partners in this program worth noting?
We have many valuable partnerships within our technology alliance ecosystem. Here are a few partners you will be hearing more about from Cherwell in 2019:
- Demisto – A Palo Alto Networks Company
Lucky for you, we have several resources if you’re considering joining our TAP partner program. Check these out:
- Detailed Benefits and Requirements of Becoming a Technology Alliance Partner
- Technology Alliance Partner Brief for Download
- Application to be a Partner
- Speak to the Technology Alliance Team or Request a Program Guide
Ebook 5 min
The Definitive Guide to Service Desk KPIs and Metrics
In this comprehensive guide, you'll learn how to develop a portfolio of ITSM KPIs and Metrics that support not only your own IT team's goals, but also the business outcomes your service desk is expected to deliver.
Ebook 7 min
7 Deadly Sins of ITIL Implementation
Wondering whether ITIL® is still relevant in today's fast-paced digital environment? ITIL holds many timeless truths, but it can be misapplied when taken too literally. Uncover the seven mistakes commonly made with ITIL implementations, and gain guidance on how you can go faster—while still upholding ITIL's key principles.
Analyst Research 10 min
NEW! Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for ITSM Tools
Considering a new ITSM solution? Start with a complimentary copy of Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant for IT Service Management Tools. The Magic Quadrant provides an evaluation of ten ITSM vendors—along with their viability, strengths, and cautions—and recommendations for defining your requirements
You might also be interested in
Scaling Sales Solutions in the Cloud
After Cherwell moved its sales solutions to AWS, it resulted in cost savings and global growth opportunities, as well as boosting team morale.
What Is ITIL 4?
The most recent version of the ITIL framework is now available. Here's what you need to know about ITIL 4, from what's changed to how to get started using it.
A Year in Review for ITIL 4
One year in, the strengths of ITIL 4 are clear. ITIL 4 is enabling co-created value, powering digital transformation and ESM, and is more relevant today than ever before!