Quick Wins for IT
- Implementation in just 2 months
- Multiple self-service portals easily configured in-house to match each customer’s requirements and IT maturity–at no extra cost
- Improved process for ticket generation, follow up, reporting
- More flexible and cost effective licensing
Semantic Systems specializes in the design, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive IT solutions. With more than 130 expert IT professionals on staff, Semantic Systems offers software and services solutions to diverse industry sectors and an extensive customer base located across the globe. The company helps organisations review and improve their business processes, implement business management systems, overhaul system architectures, and it provides managed services and outsourced, critical business applications.
Semantic Systems decided it needed a more mature and robust IT service management (ITSM) tool that provided improved ITSM process management, higher levels of flexibility, in-house configuration capabilities, better licensing options and greater security measures to segregate customer information. Also essential, said IT Systems Manager Mr. Txema Taboas, was a multi-language solution and one that offers multiple self-service portals and the capacity to generate real-time reporting and robust dashboards.
“Really, we were looking for an IT service management tool instead of a pure service desk tool,” said Mr. Taboas. “As a global service provider with a wide range of customers with different IT needs and levels of IT maturity, we were seeking a tool that provides great flexibility.”
"What really stood out for us about Cherwell Service Management is the tool’s incredible flexibility." - Mr. Txema Taboas - IT Systems Manager, Semantic Systems
To help it find that tool, Semantic Systems requested consulting services from ITSM specialist distributor IREO Mayorista de ITSM y Seguridad, a Cherwell Partner organisation based in Spain and one of Spain’s leading value-added-distributors for ITSM and security solutions.
Initially impressed with the functionality of Cherwell Service Management, key ITSM technicians from Semantic Systems undertook specific Cherwell solution training, offered by IREO, to further determine the solution’s capabilities and its suitability for Semantic Systems’ needs. This ultimately led the Semantic team to choose Cherwell.
“There were many things that impressed us about the Cherwell solution,” said Mr. Taboas. “However, what really stood out was the tool’s flexibility and the ability to adopt and configure the tool to our requirements without writing or changing code.”
According to a wide range of analyst reports, Cherwell Software leads the market in terms of the ability to configure the tool in-house. With Cherwell, customers can meet changing business needs at any time, and upgrades are always seamless.
Cherwell Service Management was implemented in just two months with one month for the first client start-up (infrastructure included) and one month to configure the necessary forms, dashboards, reports, etc.
According to Mr. Taboas, Cherwell is helping Semantic Systems in two significant ways:
- To manage customer information in a more controlled and specific way, thanks to multiple dashboards, which enable the team to quickly and efficiently access customer specific information. Cherwell offers modern, multi-dimensional reporting and configurable alerts and drilldowns. No extra licenses are required for business users to access a dashboard and/or business intelligence.
- To create individual self-service portals for each customer, specific to each customer’s needs, expertise and IT maturity. All requests, incidents, projects, etc., are now issued and recorded through a portal, providing an effective means to capture, record and act-upon client work. Multiple povrtal designs are possible within the licensing terms of Cherwell at no extra cost.
“Even though Cherwell is used for Semantic Systems’ inner ITSM management, its main purpose is to manage the ITSM services we provide to our customers,” said Mr. Taboas. “Therefore, each different self-service portal, including its service catalogue, its specific design, its own integration, etc., is configured to match each of our customer’s needs.”
You might also be interested in
Case Study 2 min
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance's outsourced IT service desk operated adequately, but a desire for financial savings, enriched customer relationships, and improved HIPAA compliance drove SCCA to seek out another solution.
Case Study 5 min
The Legacy Health IT team transformed its service desk from a product-based to a service-based delivery system in just ten weeks with Cherwell's flexible configuration, integrated monitoring and management, and custom reporting.
See how PF Chang’s used Cherwell to boost service desk efficiency and improve time to resolution across their 200-location restaurant chain.