Cherwell Service Management Foundations - Self Paced
Cherwell Service Management is a powerful, integrated IT Service Management (ITSM) software that enables IT service management professionals to configure applications to meet their business needs. This 4½-day course based on Cherwell Service Management content is intended to provide instructor-guided hands-on practice with the basic features and functions of Cherwell Service Management, along with the methodology for using it.
Learn at your own pace, where you want and when you want. Watch recorded instruction from a Cherwell senior technical instructor, all while accessing a remote lab environment. Watch from your tablet, computer, or mobile device at any time. This class incorporates a series of lectures and labs that build on each other as you learn to use CSM to design a business solution based on a real-world scenario.
- Study when and where you want
- Learn from professional Cherwell Instructors
- Access a customized lab environment
Note: This course utilizes CSM version 8.0.
This course is also available as a Public course, or a Virtual Instructor course.
Price: $2,850 US | £2,100 GBP | €2,500 EUR per student
Select the link to register under Upcoming Classes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or register below.
- Apply Cherwell’s best practices for Service Catalogs
- Evaluate the OOTB content for reuse
- Apply basic modifications to the OOTB workflows, forms, and grids
- Modify the OOTB self-service portal
- Create simple dashboards, metrics, and reports
- Import a Cherwell-developed mApp
The target audience for this course is a customer who has not yet implemented Cherwell Service Management® (Cherwell Service Management). Each lesson and activity focuses training the student on what is included in the out-of-the-box (OOTB), basic functionality of the software.
Lessons 1-3: System Fundamentals
- Lesson 1: Service Catalog
- Lesson 2: System Overview
- Lesson 3: User Interface
Lesson 4: The "Off-the-Shelf" Solutions
Lessons 5-6: Database Components
- Lesson 5: Business Objects
- Lesson 6: Blueprints
Lessons 7-11: Solving a Business Challenge
- Lesson 7: River T Corp Case Study
- Lesson 8: Modifying the Default Demo System
- Lesson 9: Expressions
- Lesson 10: Form Design
- Lesson 11: Relationships
Lessons 12-16: Customizing with Cherwell Service Management
- Lesson 12: Specifics - Supporting Group Objects
- Lesson 13: One-Steps
- Lesson 14: Adding a New Service
- Lesson 15: E-mail and Event Monitoring
- Lesson 16: mApps
Lesson 17: Overview of Cherwell Service Management Administrator
Lessons 18-21: Business Intelligence
- Lesson 18: Searches
- Lesson 19: Dashboards and Widgets
- Lesson 20: Metrics
- Lesson 21: Reports
Lessons 22-24: Viewing, Configuring, and Customizing for the Web Interface
- Lesson 22: Browser and Mobile Clients
- Lesson 23: Browser and Mobile Clients (Continued)
- Lesson 24: Self-Service Portal