Orca simplifies, accelerates and automates configuration management and application release workflows. With its out-of-the-box integrations to major operating systems, middleware, databases and Cherwell’s ITSM, Orca orchestrates, deploys and promotes application configuration changes in complex Production environments. Without any guesswork, teams use Orca’s intuitive interface to detect drift, correct drift and remediate out of compliance configurations. Operators control what, where and when configuration changes can be made as well as who can make them and who can approve them using Orca.
Cherwell/Orca Integration Summary
Orca picks up where Cherwell leaves off for full change request automation including:
- Routine Configuration Changes
- Configuration Remediation
- Application Deployment
Here’s how Orca’s Cherwell integration works:
Orca is constantly on the lookout for configuration drift or compliance issues. When a compliance or drift issue is found, Orca automatically creates a change request in Cherwell – identifying within the implementation plan the set of configuration changes necessary to bring the issue out of drift or back into compliance. After the change request has been approved, Orca takes over the ticket and performs the execution of the implementation plan. Orca updates the ticket details and status through to completion – ultimately identifying if the execution of the change request was successful or unsuccessful and then closing the ticket.
In summary, Orca manages and integrates everything from “Opening” through “Completion” of a Cherwell Change Request.
Without Orca’s Cherwell integration, you spend time waiting to…
- Triage the incoming ticket queue
- Determine the correct ticket assignment
- Start the approval workflow
- Determine the work needed to complete the ticket
- Determine the responsible team(s) to fix the issue
- Either 1) manually fix the issue, or 2) use a point tool to fix the issue
- Update the ticket once they’ve made the appropriate change
With Orca’s Cherwell integration, Orca has already automatically…
- Identified configuration drift and/or compliance issues
- Kicked off an automated job to fix the issue
- Created the ticket in Cherwell and work-flowed any required approvals
- Fixed the problem
- Updated the ticket with the proper details and completed the ticket