Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk turns a plethora of machine data into Operational Intelligence for improved application management, IT operations, security, web intelligence, customer and business analytics and more.
Together Splunk and Cherwell:
- Enable organizations to become proactive in monitoring and alerting, improving operational visibility, and providing real-time business insight.
- Identify potential service disrupting events early and resolve quickly helping IT maximize performance and availability while minimizing downtime and associated impacts when incidents do occur.
- Provide insight into Cherwell records enabling proactive problem management and process improvement - notably change management.
The solution combines a bidirectional integration with downloadable applications for both Splunk and Cherwell.
- Splunk identifies notable events from a wide range of sources and creates incidents in Cherwell.
- Cherwell incidents are then routed to appropriate resources for resolution. Automated actions can be additionally created and run to assist in triage and remediation.
- Splunk inputs Cherwell records for analysis and correlation against other Splunk managed data.
Download both the Cherwell App and Cherwell Add-on (for the bidirectional capabilities) from the splunkbase application store for the Splunk side of the integration. To complete the integration, also download and install the Splunk mApp from the Cherwell mApp Exchange which includes supporting documentation.